Who We Are
We are a fellowship of Christ-followers with a simple goal: every believer is to love God, love people, and be a servant (Mark 12:30-31; 1 Peter 4:10). We endeavor to be a safe place where hurting people can find help, hope, and healing in Jesus Christ (James 5:16). We are not a perfect church (no church is), but we strive to be a place where the grace of God, the love of God, the truth of God, and the Spirit of God flow freely.
What We Believe
- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God to mankind
- God exists in 3 persons (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) often referred to as the Trinity
- All human beings are fallen sinners in need of salvation, but are incapable of saving themselves
- Salvation is in Jesus Christ alone, by grace alone, through faith alone
- The indwelling Holy Spirit working in and through God's people is His power for carrying out His kingdom purposes in the world
- Christ who was bodily raised from the dead will physically return for His people at the appointed time. Human beings will be raised at the Resurrection, either to eternal punishment or eternal life. Christ's eternal kingdom will then be brought in.
What to Expect
You'll be warmly welcomed at the front door by our greeters, who will hand you a bulletin and give you any needed directions. We have a nursery for your little ones. Our kids worship with their families during the music, and then go to their classes or Tree House children's church thereafter. Our dress is casual (we have no dress code; we simply ask everyone to dress modestly).
Our band and singers lead us in a mixture of contemporary praise songs and classic hymns. Our service is somewhat free-flowing. At any time you may hear someone give a testimony, read a Scripture, or offer a prayer. But you will never be singled out or embarrassed in any way.
Our pastor preaches from the Bible with special emphasis on application. In other words, you'll leave with something specific from the Scriptures you can put to work in your life right away (James 1:22-25). We take up an offering for God's work, but as our guest, please don't feel obligated to give. We're just glad to chose to join us!
Our Leadership Structure
In line with the New Testament our fellowship is led by a plurality of elders (Acts 11:20; 14:23; 15:2,4,6,22-23; 20:17; 21:18; Philippians 1:1; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 4:14;5:17-20; Titus 1:5-9; James 5:14-15; 1 Peter 5:1-5).
We belong to the Southern Baptist Convention, the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma, and the Grady Baptist Association. We support the SBC Cooperative Program, which funds missionary work all over the world, in obedience to Matthew 28:18-20.